On 16th June 1967, Mr. Henry Edward William Solomons on his retirement as the Commissioner of Inland Revenue established an audit firm in the name of H.E.W. Solomons - Registered Auditors at No. 01, Kalinga Place, Jawatte Road, Colombo 05. Mr. Solomons started the Kandy branch with the partnership of Mr. G.E. Frankie, the accountant and auditor at Lazarus Studio, Castle Hill Street (present KotugodellaVidiya), Kandy to assist the clients in preparing and submitting audited tax returns, which was shifted later to No. 97, Trincomalee Street (present D.S. SenanayakeVidiya).
The business name of the firm was "Solomons and Frankie" and carried on their business at the above address until 31st May 1973. The business premises were relocated to 94 1/1, Katugastota Road, Kandy on 1st January 1973.
Mr. D.J. Medos performed as firm's first manager Kandy branch from 16th June 1967 to 22nd April 1973. Mr. S.D.S. Hameed was the second manager from 23rd April 1973 to 10th June 1973. On 10th June 1973 Mr. E.H.C. Mendis was appointed as the manager.
1st June 1973 was an important day for the establishment. On this day Mr. Kankani Thanthrige Chandrasiri de Silva who resigned from the Department of Inland Revenue on his inability to perform his duties on the official language with Mr. H.E.W. Solomons and Mr. Kadiravelu Thedchanamoorthy made a partnership with Mr. Solomons to register a firm named as "Solomons, de Silva and Moorthy (Registered Auditors)". The clients were informed about this change.
Mr. L.E.D. Perera who served the Department of Inland Revenue as a senior assessor for considerable period was appointed to the firm as a partner on 17th March 1979.
Mr. J. Patrick Fernando who joined the firm as a partner on 1st August 1981 died of a heart attack on 13th January 1982.
Mr. Gamini R De Silva who 1st started at SDM Kandy as an audit trainee way back in 1973 and stayed with SDM Kandy as the only employment of his life till he passed away on 30th November 2008 by which time he was the Managing Partner of the firm.
Our firm thrives to grow from the new management led by his eldest son Mr. Ranil De Silva who has had extensive knowledge and exposure in the field of finance in driving the SDM Kandy teams across since then.
- Mr. D.J. Medos - Partner, 1976 - 1970
- Mr. S.D.S. Hameed - Partner, 1971 - 1973
- Mr. W.P. Jayawardena - Partner , 1973
- Mr. E.H.C. Mendis - Partner, 1974 - 1975
- Mr. G.E. Frankie - Partner, 1977 - 1978
- Messrs.’ Chandra de Silva and K.T. Sundaramoorthy
Partners, 1979 - 1980
- Mr. K.T.S. Sundaramoorthy on the instructions of Mr. L.E.D. Perera
Partner , 1981 - 1986
- Mr. Gamini de Silva - Manager, 1986 - 1992
- Mr. Gamini de Silva - Managing Partner, 1992 - 2010
- Mr. S.H. Ranil S De Silva - Executive Chairman/Managing Director,
2007 Until present
- Mrs. Nilusha T De Silva - Director, 2007 Until Present
- Ms. Manel Dorakumbura - Manager Audit & Tax, 2010 - 2013
- Mr. Hasthika Samarathungarachchi - Manager Audit & Tax,
2013 Until present
- Mr. Emil Chaminda - Supervising Partner, 2015 Until present
- Mr. Priyantha Akurugamage - Director, Training and Development,
2016 Until present
Our valuable clients are from various fields of;